What happens in the service?
Baptism service booklets are distributed to read from and the Clergy leads the service as follows:
- Parents and God-parents make faith promises on behalf of the child.
- Water is used as a symbol of God’s cleansing and renewing power.
- The child is baptised into the Christian faith in the name of the Trinity:Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Parents and God-parents promise to nurture and encourage the child in the Christian faith.
- All at the service welcome and pray for the new member of the Christian community.